N the Red
Since Fishers High School’s
foundation eleven years ago, Tiger Topics N the Red
has served as the school’s official newspaper. of Fishers High School
. The printed edition is distributed free to over 3,000 students and school personnel. The nineteen student staff members receive elective credit for this full year class. N the Red
began in 2006 when Fishers High School
“The inaugural staff created the name after surveying students for ideas. Although the first year the school did not have a senior class, students were energized and enthusiastically united, especially evident on Fridays with the sea of red in the hallways and classrooms. The inaugural staff wanted something contemporary to go with their vision for the newsmagazine to be vibrant and cutting edge with personal storylines, a publication students would be excited to read on distribution day,” founding adviser Janet McKinney said.
N the Red
is a limited public forum designed, written, typeset and edited by students. Opinions expressed in the newspaper do not necessarily represent those of the adviser, administration or the entire staff. Letters to the editor may be submitted to A218 and must be signed and include the author’s phone number for verification. Letters to the editor will not be published anonymously.
Tiger Topics N the Red
is a student-run news magazine dedicated to providing the staff, students and community of Fishers with a timely, entertaining and factual publication once a month by means of a public forum. In publishing articles that students enjoy reading, we are furthering both the educational experience and the expansion of FHS culture while establishing a wanted and appreciated school-wide tradition. The staff works to create a sense of unity and awareness and to give the students of Fishers better insight to the world around them.
2016-2017 Awards Received
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Feature Story – Carolina Puga Mendoza
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Feature Story – Linda Chang
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Feature Story – Seana Jordan
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Feature Story – Hallie Gallinat
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for News Story – Haley Thomas
- Ball State J-Day Superiority Award for News Story – Helen Rummel
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Sports Story – Claire Rosenthall
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Sports Story – Sawyer Osmun
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Personality Feature – Reily Sanderson
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Staff Editorial – Madi Calvert
- Ball State J-Day Superiority Award for Staff Editorial – Madi Calvert
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Opinion Story – Lizzie Brown
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Editorial Cartoon/Comic – Miranda Lewellen
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award+ for Editorial Cartoon/Comic – Miranda Lewellen
- Ball State J-Day Honorable Mention for Feature or Entertainment Pge Design
- Ball State J-Day Superiority Award for Photo Story – Lia Benvenutti
- Ball State J-Day Excellence Award for Home Page Design – Mo Wood Contact Us:To contact a specific writer, please see their email address in the staff listing.Like us on our Facebook page, and follow our Instagram (@fhsonline) to see our latest news stories.
For any other questions, please contact Mrs. Kristine Brown, adviser.